We require our tenants to secure their storage unit with a disk lock. Disk locks provide a higher level of protection than padlocks because they cannot be cut with bolt cutters. Most of our storage facilities sell disk locks in the office, along with boxes and other moving supplies!
You will need to provide proof of ownership and proof of insurance.
You will sign a lease during your rental process, but you are not locked into a contract. Your lease is month-to-month!
Yes! We love our veterans. Ask your manager for details!
Our storage facilities are stocked with a full selection of boxes and moving supply essentials! If you rent from a facility without an office, your manager can bring supplies from the nearest facility. Let us be your one-stop moving and storage spot!
We do require our tenants to enroll in one of our Platinum Protection Plans or provide a copy of the declarations page from your personal renter's insurance policy.
No, we do not prorate move-outs.
You can make payments online by visiting our website, download our free mobile app, pay over the phone with a debit/credit card, or by check. We also offer AutoPay!
Yes! If you know someone who needs self-storage, refer them to any Easy Stop Storage location! We'll give you 50% off your next month's rent, and they'll get 50% off their first full month. This offer is good for up to $150 and cannot be combined with any other offers or specials.
Click here for our full list of moving and storage tips!
1. Location. Choose a location that is closest to your home or place of business. Having a location that is part of your daily commute helps familiarize you with the area and offers ease of access to your belongings at any time!
2. Security. A self-storage site that offers security measures such as gated access/key access and on-site security is best! Peace of mind while storing your belongings will alleviate any unnecessary stress you may have during your moving process.
3. How Much Space Do You Need? Self-Storage is a great way to give you extra space and a secure way to store your items. However, not all units are created equal! Check out our handy size guide in the first tab to make sure you choose a unit that best suits your needs!
4. What Are You Storing? Self-storage is not just for boxes and furniture. We offer many options from office and warehouse space to vehicle storage! Check out how Easy Stop Storage can help you with all of your storage needs!
1. Plan! When packing your unit, make sure your most used items are placed in the unit last. This ensures they will be readily available and easy to access at a moments notice!
2. Shelving: Portable wire shelving units are an excellent option to maximize your storage space! This will allow you to not only avoid stacking fragile items, but keep them off the ground and organize them in a way that gives your more bang for your buck! If shelving is not an option, try using dresser drawers and other pieces such as empty refrigerators to store smaller items in. This helps you safe space and keep everything safe and secure!
3. Order: The best way to start packing your self-storage unit is to first line the walls with items. By working your way in, this makes sure you are able to use as much of the available space as possible! Don’t forget to leave a walkway so you can access your belongings with ease!
4. Protect Your Furniture: By properly wrapping and/or covering your furniture with plastic wrap and blankets, you’re taking a very important step in the preservation of your most important belongings! These protective measures also create a barrier between your furniture and other items so that you may be able to stack low-volume pieces on top of heavier furniture.
5. Protect Your Boxes: Placing boxes on top of wooden pallets to raise them off of the floor can help avoid damage from unexpected water leaks or insects.
Location, Location, Location! Choose a storage location that is near your home. There’s nothing more daunting than having to fight traffic or drive across town to drop off or pick up the occasional item.
Space, How much do you need? Check out our unit size guide on the first tab of this section. This will take the guesswork out of how much space is right for you.
Organize! There are few things about self-storage that are more important than properly organizing your belongings. Labeling boxes and bins as well as making sure you have a clear walking path in your unit is key!
Teamwork is best! Make a party out of your moving day! Call a few friends, order a pizza and enjoy the help! To make packing easier, inventory your items prior to your packing party! This will help streamline the process and make sure everyone can work seamlessly! Work is so much more fun with friends!
Share Unit Keys. One of our main goals is to make sure your belongings stay safe! Never share unity keys with anyone who is not listed on your unit rental.
Use Cardboard. Using cardboard is fine for quick, short-term storage. However, cardboard can often absorb moisture which and leave your belongings in trouble! Try using plastic bins instead, for long-term storage. They are reusable and keep your items safe! We also have climate controlled units that lock out moisture and debris!
Use for Crafting Space Where Ventilation is Needed. Self-storage units can make great workspaces. However, if your hobby includes using chemicals that require open spaces; you may want to look into a better option. Storing your crafting and hobby items in your unit to make extra space in your home is a great alternative!
Store Flammable Chemicals. For safety and health reasons, you never want to store flammable chemicals or liquids in your unit. The best option is to drain gas powered items prior to storing them. This makes sure your valuables stay safe!
1. Use the right size boxes! Place small/heavy items in smaller boxes and large/light items in bigger boxes for easier lifting.
2. Don’t leave space in boxes! Fill gaps with clothes or towels.
3. Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box. This will help make unpacking easier and more efficient.
4. Put breakables together. First, wrap each breakable item separately, then bulk together 5-6 individual wrapped items and wrap them together and secure with packing tape. This will help keep valuables safe!
Clothes: While clothes are still hanging, put them inside trash bags to make unpacking simple!
Jewelry: Put rings, earrings, and necklaces in egg cartons to prevent them from knotting and tangling.
Cookware: Use rubber bands to keep pots and lids together.
Knives: Put knives in an old kitchen mitt to prevent injuries.
Stemware and Glasses: Place wine glasses and glass cups in clean socks for extra padding.
1. Update your address for all of your accounts, subscriptions, and bills prior to moving
2. Schedule your move for the middle of the week or middle of the month, it’s cheaper!
3. Ask local retailers for gently used boxes for packing
4. Use colored packing tape to keep boxes categorized by room
5. Label sides of boxes so you can read them while they are stacked
6. Keep all moving day essentials in an overnight bag so they don’t get packed away
1. Get a binding estimate from the moving company. Make sure the amount is written in the contract.
2. Inquire about their on-time record and other complaints with the local Better Business Bureau or consumer complaints department.
3. Movers are limited by law regarding what they can give you for lost or damaged goods. To cover potential damage, check your existing homeowner's or renter's policy.
4. Ask about expected gratuities and write into the contract.
5. Have the contract include a guarantee of how many hours the job will take, allowing an overrun of no more than 10%.
6. Be sure all charges are listed on the contract.
7. Inform the moving company of how many stairs are at your new home.
8. Watch loading and unloading and examine all items carefully before signing a receipt.
9. Document an inventory of your belongings before you pack.
Ⓒ 2020 Easy Stop Storage, partners and affiliates. | All Rights Reserved.